Thursday, November 11, 2010

Research Continued...

So as I have done some additional research, I’ve found a good website that discusses integrating technology into the classroom. Article Alley states that “Given research dictates that pupils will retain more knowledge when some form of computer based instruction is added to the learning process. They are able to progress through lessons quicker and have a higher rate of retention.” After reading this statement, it gives me all the more reason to want to learn new and effective ways of bringing technology into my future classroom. The website also goes onto talk about the benefits of incorporating Power Points into lessons, eBooks, etc. I hadn’t given Power Point much thought, because until now, my only use for them has been for presentations in college level classes. However, they could be made for elementary level students and be made fun and entertaining as well! I also found some articles that talk about how a teacher can do differentiated instruction using the computers or other technology. There are numerous ways to incorporate technology, I guess I have just never taken the time to sit down and research all the possibilities….I’m liking what I am finding though J

No comments:

Post a Comment